Winter time can be tough on your home. The fluctuation in temperature and the various types of precipitation can wreak havoc! Make sure you do the following to keep the risk of having a major problem this winter!
- Clean and check your gutters– Make sure all debris is removed and the downspouts are flowing water away from your foundation.
- Shut off and drain outdoor water spigots– This will help keep your pipes from freezing and bursting.
- Check for Leaks– Make sure you check the outside windows and doors for any leaks that need to be caulked. This helps keep cold air out of your walls.
- Have your furnace serviced– This may help you avoid having your heat go out this winter or potentially a more dangerous furnace problem.
- Check the Chimney– If you use your fireplace over the winter, make sure to have the chimney checked. There could be leaks or critters living in there that could block it up. This could cause a fire or carbon monoxide to stay in your house.
- Tree Trimming– Make sure there are no branches hanging over or touching your house. This can damage your roof and if there is an ice storm, a branch could fall on your home.
Stay warm this winter and have a great holiday season!